FMF Mega-Bomb Questions:

6 replies to this topic
  • drtbkfan

Posted July 17, 2008 - 07:23 PM

I've got an 06 WR450 and have performed all the free mods as well as JD jetting kit, POW NOW, POW NOW+ and accelerator pump cover. I'm thinking about adding an FMF mega-bomb header, but I'd like to keep the stock tailpipe. Has anyone added only the mega-bomb header with the stock tailpipe and did it work well? I rode a friends WR450 with one and it really seemed to improve the low-mid response, but he also has the Q4 tailpipe. I'd prefer to keep the stock tailpipe if possible... Thanks! :thumbsup:

-drtbkfan

• tweav

Posted July 17, 2008 - 11:15 PM

the mega bomb will fit the stock can . but the stock can is the main thing choking out the power. you would be better off just replacing the slip on . I have a mega bomd and a speed pipe on my 07 . the can does more then the header.

• Lennie

Posted July 17, 2008 - 11:16 PM

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted July 17, 2008 - 11:53 PM

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 18, 2008 - 08:07 AM

I have the powerbomb also. I cannot tell the difference. But changing from the stock to the factory 4 pipe is a big difference, with or without the powerbomb header.

• Lennie

Posted July 20, 2008 - 10:01 PM

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

gasket.

I use a q pipe so not much louder than stock but shitloads more power !!!!!!!! I used to run a factory four but it was too loud so got the q pipe for less noise and I think it still makes 99.9% of the power.

• Matt Tiede

Posted July 30, 2008 - 02:46 PM

FMF's mega bomb has made a nice difference one the bikes I have compared. If you interested check our price here:
http://shop.thumpert...ode=PU_18220125

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.