Best Carb Mod And Jetting For...

3 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted July 16, 2008 - 10:15 PM

Hi , i am getting an 2008 yz450f next month and i did order an aftermarket
full exhaust system, i gave the dealer 3 choices whitebros ,dr.d or fmf..
does all of these have a possibility of the mega bomb header...
and what jetting changes have u done who lives in +30 celcius at sea level..after installed a pipe like that...i have several pilot jets and main jets (coming in mail) so i dount think i need the jd-jetting kit...and wich carb mod is best..power bowl (from r&d), powershot(scaryfastracing), zip-ty racing but i dount feel like sending my carb from thailand to america and wait for a month to get it back...and not be able to ride...so if power bowl etc..is as good so then it sounds like a good idea....:thumbsup:

• Ga450owner

Posted July 17, 2008 - 05:43 AM

White Bros is now Vance & Hines.....
FMF is powerbomb
I would look at DRD or Arapovic if it was mine

Regarding carb mod - get bike jetted first and ride it. Then determine what is needed.
On my 06, I am sold on the Zipty full carb mod with the R&D Powerbowl - they can sell this entirely....but you need to start talking to them to see if they will ship to Thailand

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xorron5

Posted July 17, 2008 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for details...i will look in to it...yep i will call zipty and ask about shipping over here . then i will be back with results....:thumbsup:

• AnotherRedHead

Posted July 18, 2008 - 05:55 AM

have ron hamp bore your carb, the yami carb is much smaller than honda and others, I gained low end and tons of over rev by having RHC do my carb.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.