Air Filter Foam Where?

3 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted July 16, 2008 - 08:48 PM

I posted here because I usually get great answers. I am working on a totally thrashed 96 KTM50SXR. It does not have an air filter, and I am having a hard time finding parts on line. The filter box is a full open top, bottom carb feed that is square except for the back. The back is cupped shaped to clear the shock. I was thinking of using filter foam and just building my own to stuff down after cutting to fit. So is there a bulk filter foam that comes in squares, who makes it, and where do I get it? Any help would be appreciated.

• tweav

Posted July 16, 2008 - 09:22 PM

I've used fish pond foam media before in a homemade air cleaner . I had the stuff laying around . I'm not sure if can find a place that sells the stuff near you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted July 17, 2008 - 07:35 AM

I got some foam that worked for an old Montessa from a foam supply warehouse. They just gave me a big chunk for free :thumbsup:

• dl19

Posted July 17, 2008 - 10:03 PM

Yes, I have admitted I am an idiot before. UNI and No Toil sell bulk air filter foam in blocks. Just ordered some UNI. Now just cut and fit. Try finding parts for a 12YOA KTM kids bike or getting them in a reasonable time if you can. Nothing like having to fabricate parts for a bike that should have piles of parts available. Now I know why I don't have one (Euro bike) no matter how easy they are to license. Thanks for the help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.