MJ to big or clip position???

2 replies to this topic
  • Mike_from_WA

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:26 AM

Jetting in my profile below was very good for open sagebruss and logging road. I had snap wheelies in almost every gear, but there was a definate Hit (rip your arms out of the socket)after about 1/4 throttle.

Now I want to tame it down for trail riding.

Went back to stock DTM#4 with everthing else the same as in profile. 3rd, 4th gear WOT bike starts out slow like it is down on power then as the RPM'S build it picks up with good steady acceleration.
Should I?
1. Lower or raise the needle and check.
2. Try a smaller or larger MJ.

I will be installing a PAJS and working on the PJ circuit (think its too lean, popping on decel, and PS has no effect)but think I should get the MJ close before I fool with the PilotJ circuit.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Mike from WA ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:36 AM

I would think that, with all else remaining equal, switching from an E to a D taper would require a larger main jet.

So I would start with that.

Hope this helps.

• racemile

Posted May 31, 2002 - 12:03 PM

I lowered my needle several positions and moved the hit from the rear of the throttle to a nice smooth application all the way through. Dunno if it will work for you, but it cant hurt to try. I still have the snap wheelies through third gear.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.