Suzuki's Answer to the WR

11 replies to this topic
  • RSAthump

Posted July 16, 2008 - 11:51 AM

I found this on another forum, with no info, anybody know what the deal is on this bike? What the specs are?Posted Image

Il never buy suzuki after having two bad experiences with the brand, bikes and outboards.:thumbsup:

• Johnny34

Posted July 16, 2008 - 12:44 PM

Looks like a photshop job on the RM-Z450

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 16, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Pretty good photshop if thats the case -

Note on the off-road bike -

Dual throttle cables
18" rear wheel
Different seat (and tank?)
ODO head and cable
longer exhaust
different side plates and air box
bikini skid plate
tail light / head light

I am curious, especially if it's FI

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 16, 2008 - 01:07 PM

worlds best photoshop

• Demo_Slug

Posted July 16, 2008 - 01:26 PM

Looks like professional grade Photoshop to me. A lot of times when a company is releasing a new product, they will have industrial designers come up with conceptual drawings. In this case, they probably wanted to come up with a good look for the headlight, gas tank and rear fender and graphics.

The skid plate looks a bit fake to me.

the headlight looks pretty slick to me.

• ThompsonV311

Posted July 16, 2008 - 06:20 PM

That pic is in the new Dirt Rider. Apparently it is still an unreleased concept though. Who knows what they are waiting for. I know of a few Suzuki supported off road pro's that have grenaded the 4 speed tranny numerous times out in the Dez. I think the market is there for this bike, but what do I know I'm just a racer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SmobySport

Posted July 16, 2008 - 10:46 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned but didnt suzuki try fuel injection on the bikes but they were not having great success with it at the track?

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted July 17, 2008 - 08:48 AM

If you mean finishing 2nd overall to James (fastsest mx'r on the planet)Stewart almost every time this season... then yes, I guess they haven't been too sucessful with it

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted July 17, 2008 - 08:49 AM

OH yeah, and getting nearly every holeshot as well...clearly a failure.

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 17, 2008 - 08:51 AM

OH yeah, and getting nearly every holeshot as well...clearly a failure.

you have to remember its not the bikes, its the riders on the bikes that make them so fast

• beezer

Posted July 17, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Alessi isn't riding a stocker.

I wouldn't buy a suzuki if you held a gun to my head.

Why am I responding to 14 year olds?

Am I that bored?

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted July 17, 2008 - 09:31 AM

you have to remember its not the bikes, its the riders on the bikes that make them so fast

well, i've never seen a racer...no matter how good.... finish a race WITHOUT a bike. SO teh bike has just a little to do with it IMHO. ON top of that the previous poster said

didnt suzuki try fuel injection on the bikes but they were not having great success with it at the track?

He implied that the FI system was unproven, which infact, is not true.

I think getting most of the holeshots and finishing on the podium in nearly every round constitutes success... but what do I know.

BTW I don't ride a Suzuki, I rade a WR, but competition is good. Drives down prices (to some extent), and breeds innovation (Like FI and e-start). You'll learn about it in a couple years in economics:prof:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.