YZ426 light kit

8 replies to this topic
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted July 16, 2008 - 12:46 AM

Hey guys, I want to put a 8" light on my YZ426 and can't find a complete kit out there. I checked Baja Designs and E-line. I can find kits for the 450's but nothing for the 426... but I know there something out there because I have seen many of these bikes set up the way I want to do mine. What are you all doing?

• bigdanner

Posted July 16, 2008 - 03:32 PM

You can use the stator, flywheel, and CDI unit from the same year WR to get the lighting power. Once you have the output you could run a 100wt halogen or a single HID (if you want to spend the money!).

• M0SSLAGER

Posted July 16, 2008 - 05:57 PM

Don't I need a battery to run an HID... I was told the HID won't run off a stator only. I can't see where you can fit a battery on the YZ.

• grayracer513

Posted July 16, 2008 - 07:58 PM

It won't run off of AC, but that means you need a rectifier, not a battery. You need a rectifier to run with a battery anyway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdanner

Posted July 17, 2008 - 03:24 PM

The battery doesn't have to be very big. Baja Designs uses a small 700ma nicad battery with their HID lights. If you do a lot of tight trail riding you may want to use a slightly larger battery so it won't discharge quickly when you're in low RPMs.

• crazyal426

Posted July 18, 2008 - 12:06 PM

They do not make them for the 426 anymore. There is one on the classifieds on TT. I scored my e-line 200 watt on Ebay. You do need a dc rectifier to run HID and a little battery. The NiCad is a good compact choice. The WR stuff does OK, but if you can score the e-line external mag, that is a better way to go. Good luck.

• desertyeticheyenne

Posted July 26, 2008 - 11:25 PM

Can the E-Line 100 watt external stator be rewound for more output, or will it be sufficient as is to run a single 8" Baja Designs Halogen?
Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

• crazyal426

Posted August 06, 2008 - 09:54 PM

The eline external has 2 100w output wires. They are actually 90w and 90w or 180w if you use just one of the yellow output wires. I am not aware of any external 100 watt single. I have only seen the 200w. 100w should run the halogen. Good luck!

• desertyeticheyenne

Posted August 10, 2008 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info crazyal, I have decided to go with the WR stator. The guy with the E-line on TT classified does not respond, nor does the guy parting out a WR? I truly appreciate the helpful info.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.