YZ426 in the dunes on a knobby

5 replies to this topic
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted July 15, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hey guys, I'm heading to Pismo for a few days and am taking my Rhino, quad on paddles and I want to take my 426. I don't want to go and buy a paddle and change it though. Will I be okay to cruise around on my knobby?

• DeeCee

Posted July 15, 2008 - 11:37 PM

I ride dune all the time on a knobby. Just let the rear tyre pressure down to 8 psi and you should do fine. I also suggest you let the front tyre pressure down to 12-15 psi.

Have fun.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 15, 2008 - 11:58 PM

If it's a fresh tire you should have a blast! I went up there with a fresh Dunlop 756 and I had more fun with that tire than with a paddle. Obviously you can't start as fast or drag race someone as well, but railing around berms and turning is so much better with a knobby.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted July 16, 2008 - 12:25 AM

thanx guys... save me a headache I was wondering about

• caffiend

Posted July 17, 2008 - 05:23 PM

Your fine. Ive ridden there on both and didnt mind the knobs at all. No paddels are allowed in the WORCS race and those guys were flying. And dont forget to go to the boat shop and get the anti-salt spray, you'll need it.

• grayracer513

Posted July 17, 2008 - 05:27 PM

I never run paddles in the dunes because they're surrounded by desert that I couldn't ride if I had one.

Which knobby you run does make a difference though. D952's work well, Maxxis IT's work well, 756's don't, oddly enough.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.