i need help

5 replies to this topic
  • corywr400f

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:30 PM

i have a 1998 wr400f and i am looking for a way to get better bottom end out of my bike if anybody knows i would like the help thanks

• WR450FGreg

Posted July 17, 2008 - 02:11 PM

Cory,

I have seen bolt-on flywheel weights advertised for four-stroke bikes that apparently boost bottom end power (probably at the expense of top end).
Not sure how well they work (maybe brilliantly, I don't know).
They look very easy to fit.

Worth considering.

Greg

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 17, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Cory,

I have seen bolt-on flywheel weights advertised for four-stroke bikes that apparently boost bottom end power (probably at the expense of top end).
Not sure how well they work (maybe brilliantly, I don't know).
They look very easy to fit.

Worth considering.

Greg

a flywheel weight will only make the bike take longer to rev up and hit smoother than without it not add bottem end.

For bottom end get a pipe, but your best bet would be porting

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bladerunner426

Posted July 17, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Have you done any thing to the bike yet, Exhaust, jetting, Gearing, Air box mods? If the bike is all stock then there is a bunch of stuff you can do to help the bottom end.

• Birdy426

Posted July 17, 2008 - 09:46 PM

Try running WR timing...or a high compression piston...or a big bore kit...

• WR450FGreg

Posted July 17, 2008 - 09:57 PM

a flywheel weight will only make the bike take longer to rev up and hit smoother than without it not add bottem end.

Your are dead right ... I wasn't thinking !!! (Rushed the response). :thumbsup:

The increased flywheel inertia should have the effect of making the bike more "tractable" and less inclined to stall at low revs.

If you do a lot of low speed "chugging" in tight-going it would (in theory) make the bike a lot easier for you to ride in these situations I guess.

Never tried one or seen one on a bike myself but they sound like they'd work to a certain extent.
Depends on the weight of the unit I suppose.

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.