Help!!!!!!! Fmf Fatty Pipe 2000 Rm 250

18 replies to this topic
  • BMBRM250

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:30 PM

:thumbsup: I just got a fmf fatty pipe for my bike and went to mount it and it does not fit. I checked the part number on the pipe and the vin on the bike they match PLease HElp thanks.

• ninjariderwannabe

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:35 PM

Need more info. What bike do you have, whats not lining up, all the info you can give the better.

• BMBRM250

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:42 PM

Its a 2000 suzuki rm 250 and its not lining up where the end goes in the motor . The stock pipe had indentions for the bolts on the frame was but the fmf pipe doesnt thanks.

• Matt Tiede

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:46 PM

Sounds like you were sent the wrong pipe. Look at FMF's site and try to match up part numbers:
http://fmfracing.com...x?CategoryID=56

• BMBRM250

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:51 PM

Ok I checked the part number off the pipe it was 101 020109 which is for a 2000 rm 250 I even checked the vin on my bike ? :thumbsup:

• BMBRM250

Posted July 15, 2008 - 05:15 PM

Well I bought the pipe off ebay but the part numbers match up. well anybody wanna give away a fatty pipe:applause: well I am going to open a dispute with paypal this is :thumbsup: I should have bought it from TT

• jets

Posted July 15, 2008 - 06:45 PM

On a RM can you move the mounting bracket(s) for the expansion pipe like on a CR?? I had the same problem and all I had to do was move the brackets on the bike to get the bolts in....

• shrubitup

Posted July 15, 2008 - 09:13 PM

On a RM can you move the mounting bracket(s) for the expansion pipe like on a CR?? I had the same problem and all I had to do was move the brackets on the bike to get the bolts in....

I would definitely move around some mounting brackets both up and down where they connect back to the frame from the pipe.

• loucks428

Posted July 15, 2008 - 10:13 PM

pictures would help us diagnose your prob. too.

• Uncle Alpo

Posted July 16, 2008 - 10:41 AM

I would definitely move around some mounting brackets both up and down where they connect back to the frame from the pipe.

Ditto.

On mine I have to get the head pipe lined up with the cylinder, then twist the whole thing around to get the mounting points to line up. It takes a little doing, but eventually goes into place.

• BMBRM250

Posted July 16, 2008 - 11:04 AM

Thanks guys I got it on but it doesn't seem to be lininig up to well with my stock silencer do you know if the stock silencer will work with the fatty pipe?

• shrubitup

Posted July 16, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Stocker will work with the Fatty. I would un-fasten the silencer and then fit the pipes together first. Keep the bolts on the pipe loose too. Then fiddle around to get the silencer mounts loose onto the rear sub frame. If that won't work your sub-frame could be bent. Does the stocker have tire marks on it now?

• ebeck

Posted July 16, 2008 - 12:17 PM

Just a side comment...

This is one reason among many that I dislike FMF pipes. PC pipes fit on all 3 of my bikes like they are factory made. I actually saw one FMF pipe with the bracket on the wrong side of the pipe.

I know on the KDX many guys had to persuade the pipe to fit if you know what I mean. A mallet, some rags and a pry bar. Eventually they got them to line up. It was hit or miss regarding ease of fittment, some were perfect some not. QC issues.

Just man it on, leave everythng loose including the silencer (if it has 2 bolts remove one so it swivels you can use it as a lever) then tighten everyrthing down. It should not break but it is annoying. :thumbsup:

FMF sells the same RM125 pipe for 03-06. 04 Rm125 had a different frame and different motor. PC makes a seperate pipe for 04 for example.

Should work well once it is on. Good luck!

• MotoXRyne

Posted July 16, 2008 - 04:26 PM

I used to put FMF Factory Fatty pipes and Shorty silencers on my 85s and 125. They all fit perfect. Some fit differently than stock so it doesnt seem like they fit at first, then is bolts on perfect.

• BMBRM250

Posted July 17, 2008 - 05:37 PM

OK I took a curl bar from my weight set and bent the pipe to fit and now it works perfect thats a shame you have to do that to get a pipe to fit but I am just glad it works any suggestions on where to get a jet kit???? Or some jets so I can adjust to fmf specs. I actually rode it with the stock setup and it runs fine its never really idled unless i had the choke on. Any suggestions its a 2000 rm 250 thanks

• shrubitup

Posted July 17, 2008 - 05:47 PM

Follow the FMF or Pro Circuit jetting specs. The PC specs are available on their website. IMO FMF pipes make a smoker run rich so you have to be about two leaner on the PJ and MJ and one clip leaner on the needle to be golden. Try their settings first though.

• Uncle Alpo

Posted July 18, 2008 - 05:48 AM

Follow the FMF or Pro Circuit jetting specs. The PC specs are available on their website. Try their settings first though.

Ditto.

IMO specific "jet kits" are a waste of money, since the engine has to be tuned for each circumstance. A better investment is to get a jet assortment that can be used for tuning.

• BMBRM250

Posted July 18, 2008 - 04:13 PM

Any recommended sites to buy the jets for my bike thanks. Also is there any way to get a dent out of my pipe????????? Thanks guys

• shrubitup

Posted July 18, 2008 - 04:26 PM

JETRUS.com or the TT OEM store for the jets. Dents come out with compressed air and seals on both ends. Do a search for pipe dent to find more info either here or at the Yamaha two stroke forum.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.