pismo preparation

1 reply to this topic
  • frye22

Posted July 14, 2008 - 10:24 PM

do any of you guys ride 450s at pismo?
i had a 2moker before but am trying to set my bike up for some sand usage. so far i rejetted and took the AIS system out. i just got a paddle tire and am having mounted thursday
im looking at buying a fuel air screw and im curious if im gunna have to go through the same trouble moving the carb around or taking it off as i did when i rejetted to get the screw on. is there some kind of tool i can get?

do i need a skidplate for pismo? the plastic one i had cracked a little but i mean theres no fatty rocks to run into liekj there is at gorman or calcity...

im also getting a new battery since mine keeps dieing out...

is there anything i else i left out?
any opinionns are welcome...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SRT426

Posted July 14, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Run the chain on the very loose end of the specs and spray the bike down with WD-40 so you avoid any rust problems with the salt.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.