Will my stock chain fit with new rear sprocket?

2 replies to this topic
  • disastergrafix

Posted July 14, 2008 - 08:15 PM

I am going to get a renthal rear sprocket. I am going to go with a 52 tooth so I will have more torque in third gear. Can I fit this? I am trying to figure out if I have to get a new chain. This is a newer 07 wr450. I am not worried about the wear, since I don't have any, just if the chain fits at stock length. Let me know so I can order one. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted July 14, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Depends how much you've strecthed out your stock chain. I fit a 52 tooth no prob on my 07 but my chain is getting near the end of it's life.

• disastergrafix

Posted July 14, 2008 - 09:01 PM

I have had to slide the rear wheel back two times. I have had the bike about 8 months. Not sure how many miles I have ridden. I have never had to do this just wasn't sure. Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.