Top Speed bogging/cutting out??

2 replies to this topic
  • Rooster426

Posted July 14, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Looking for some 01 WR426 started doing something strange. I was out on a lakebed, wide open throttle and my bike started cutting out, not the rev limiter, it was almost like it was running out of gas. Just choking off. I've had this bike for 6 years and have made this trip many times over with nothing happening like this before. I was cruising for about 15 miles, then the indcident started happening. I was in 5th gear, not totally pinned out, just almost there (70-75 mph), and the bike would start cutting out like it wanted to die. I would then drastically reduce throttle and it would be fine. I tried down shifting to 4th, then WOT again and the same thing...sputter,cough, splat. :thumbsup: . The bike ran great on slower speeds but not at top speed. I just had the valves adjusted right before the trip as well. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted July 15, 2008 - 04:30 AM

Spark plug would be my first guess, if that doesn't fix it check your bowl, you might be sucking some crud up that's been collecting in the carb.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted July 15, 2008 - 07:46 AM

I would say a fuel system & carb cleaning are the cheapest and first thing i would do. Then coil/cap/cdi testing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.