finance promotion !!

1 reply to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted December 12, 2002 - 10:19 AM

i just called my cycle shop and they said that they would still honor the 0 down 0 payment 0 interest for the WR450's even if they arrive in january. he also told me that if your not planning on paying off the bike within the 6 months that it's not worth to do that finance promotion.he said that if you get the bike which is $6399.99 by the time you add tax and freight charges your lookin at $7000.00 or so. with the finance promotion your paying 17.9 % interest.let's just say your payments are $100 a month with the finance promotion your paying 90% interest and 10% principal.... that sux !! now if you get the bike without the finance promotion you'll get a lower interest and at $100 a month 50 % is finance charges and 50% goes to the principal. which is alot better than !! this is what he told me i don't know if that's how his shop is run or if that's how it is for everyone . i just thought i'd let everyone know . so if your not gonna pay off the bike in 6 months it's not worth worrying about the finance promotion !! hope this helps everyone

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted December 13, 2002 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info. May plan is delay having to make a payment for six months to get through christmas and also to give me a little more time to save up, then just before it comes due in July go borrow what I need from the local credit union. Still waiting for that phone call saying "your WR450 is in."

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.