Off Road Riding Class and trail ride. N Calif

No replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted May 30, 2002 - 11:03 AM

Below is the text from an email I received from Dave. He has posted this on & RMD. I asked him if he'd like me to post this over here.

I took Dave's class at Downieville last September and highly recommend this for anyone looking to improve their riding. I know RetSenior (KTM forum) has taken this class - different class/location - as well and we both felt that it was well worth the time & money. Dave is an excellent instructor and he will challenge you. OK, he kicked my ass during the two days. I'm a C rider and proud of it :) I like a challenge and this was it. I don't know how the new area will compare to Downieville but I'm sure it will be some of the most challenging single track you have seen. My biggest problem was my utter lack of conditioning - I was sucking wind most of the time. If Dave says the trails are tight & technical you better be prepared.... The only time I've fouled a plug on my WR was during Dave's class.

The non-riding parts of the weekend should be a great time as well. What could be more fun than hanging out with a bunch dirtbikers?

I will be in Germany the weekend of June 29/30 - otherwise I would already have a check in the mail. Dave mentioned that if there is enough interest he might be able to add more classes....

I have been asked several times if I would be doing any more classes this year. The answer is YES! The place is new and I assure those of you who enjoy technical and challenging single track trails will love this area. Please help me promote the class, I rely on the referals of riders who have attended ride/classes with me.

I have included the following information in a Microsoft Word version if you would like to print out and encourage your riding buddies to join us on June 29 & 30. We will be doin a special class for woman riders on August 10 & 11. If your wifes or girlfriends would like to improve there riding skills please bring this class to there attention.

June 29 & 30. Instructor Dave Wood. Former AMA-D36 #1 Enduro and #1 Cross Country rider. Former CMC #1 Moto-Cross. 57 wins in a single season.

August 10 & 11. Woman's class. Instructors Heather Wilson and Dave Wood. More information will be posted soon at

Learn to ride Technical Trails, Faster and Safer using Less energy!

Off-Road riding class is designed for riders who have completed an Enduro, Cross Country or race Moto-Cross. In addition, experienced trail riders, who enjoy riding challenging trails. You will ride up to 40 miles of technical single track trail. One day you will ride with the class, the other day, you will be provided a "route sheet", for a self guided trail ride, up to 50 miles. You will need a JART holder and odometer. You will need to carry plenty of water and snacks. The class will loop back to camp for a short lunch.

This class is NOT designed for beginners.

Location; Private facility, two hours North of Sacramento. This will be a campout ride, Tents, RV's and Trailers are OK. Lodging is up to an hour away. Bring your own meals.

96db. California State Law, beginning January 2003. Please use a QUITE spark arrestor! FMF Q, Pro Billet…

Cost $100.00. Riders who have taken a previous class, $75.00. Entry's are limited.

Please include with your check, your;

Class____________________________(AA, A, B or C)

Directions will be provided when entry is received.

Mail entry to; Dave Wood
PO Box 815
Chicago Park, CA 95712

AMA Charter Life member
Member Blue Ribbon Coalition

Sponsors; Mach 1 Motosports, Fox Racing, Red Line Oil, Smith Goggles, Clarke Mfg., Motion Pro and Braking

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: NVR FNSH ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.