2006 Yz450f

9 replies to this topic
  • dirtking

Posted July 13, 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hey guys,
I have a 2006 YZ450F that has 28 hours on the bike. One day i rode it at a track and had a wreck that I don't know if it caused the problem. But when i went to ride it at a later date it would miss at lower rpms. I can only tell when i am at a steady throttle. At full throttle it would run like a champ. We messed with the jetting and that didn't help. We started going through the electrical systems and we tested the volts coming out of the stator and it would jump eracticly at low rpms so we replaced the stator. It helped alot but didn't cure the problem. I then messed with the jetting somemore even went as low as a 38 pilot and still the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• mjw1

Posted July 14, 2008 - 04:15 PM

How long did the bike sit for? To me it sounds like your pilot jet is plugged try cleaning the pilot jet and the bike should run good.

• mike_dean

Posted July 14, 2008 - 04:20 PM

Have you tried fresh gas? In Nebraska you have a lot of ethanol in your fuel and it doesn't store well. Mike

• dirtking

Posted July 15, 2008 - 01:16 PM

I went through the carb completely thinking it was that too. It only sat maybe two days at most and i run 95 octane from harley davidson so i don't think it has any ethanol in it but im not for sure.

• bigred455

Posted July 15, 2008 - 01:26 PM

Sounds like the TPS,both of my 07's did this at about 1/8th throttle steady,it was a very mild miss. Cannot jet it out,is the miss drastic? It definetly starting doing this after the fall?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtking

Posted July 15, 2008 - 02:15 PM

We checked the resistance on the tps and it checked out but anything is possible. It started after the fall.

• CROGGR

Posted July 15, 2008 - 10:25 PM

I would check the hot start cable, lever and the entire mechanism. I would also check the vaccum plate and rubber gasket on the carb slide. If it is cracked or the rubber seal isn't sealing properly the bike runs like crap at low rpm's but runs fine up top!

• cowboyona426

Posted July 16, 2008 - 05:46 AM

CROGGR good to see you around! I still need to send you my suspension...

• Wyatt

Posted July 16, 2008 - 04:00 PM

Did you put the slide plate in upside down after you cleaned the carb?

• bigred455

Posted July 16, 2008 - 06:23 PM

Did you put the slide plate in upside down after you cleaned the carb?

Definetly double check yourself on that one.:thumbsup: Also have you checked the float height?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.