OEM exhausts? any good?

9 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted July 13, 2008 - 12:05 PM

anyone know anything about these?
are they any good i guess there bound to be better than the standard can but how do they sound and perform.

• Demo_Slug

Posted July 13, 2008 - 12:28 PM

anyone know anything about these?
are they any good i guess there bound to be better than the standard can but how do they sound and perform.

maybe I'm off base here but.... maybe there is a company called OEM exhuast.

but...

OEM = Original Equipment manufacturer .... for example Yamaha is an OEM.

• minty0_10

Posted July 13, 2008 - 01:19 PM

no, the can im looking is a after market part with a removable baffle

• WR450FGreg

Posted July 13, 2008 - 01:29 PM

Minty,

I know yours is an '05, but have you ever considered this type of thing?
(This is a thread about modifying the stock '07/'08 muffler for cost-free performance gains). Maybe this can't be done with the older mufflers, I don't know.

http://www.thumperta... saves big $$$$

Greg

• Alternative

Posted July 13, 2008 - 06:03 PM

Are you talking about the GYTR can from Yamaha? I don't have one but I've heard they're about on par with other aftermarket cans, in both performance and sound.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • minty0_10

Posted July 13, 2008 - 11:06 PM

well this is what ive bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/...0271453616&rd=1

has a few dents witch is not a bad thing while im getting used to the bike :thumbsup:
its got to look and sound better than the standard can plus i can keep that whole

and with the current exchange rate ive had it for £50 or £100 dollars delivered to the uk
bargin i think

• Demo_Slug

Posted July 14, 2008 - 01:44 AM

well this is what ive bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/...0271453616&rd=1

has a few dents witch is not a bad thing while im getting used to the bike :thumbsup:
its got to look and sound better than the standard can plus i can keep that whole

and with the current exchange rate ive had it for £50 or £100 dollars delivered to the uk
bargin i think

OEM = stock

• minty0_10

Posted July 14, 2008 - 06:54 AM

you telling me ive bough a stock exhaust! :thumbsup: well if it is it still looks better than my pea shooter and it has a removable baffle so maybe all,s not lost

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted July 14, 2008 - 07:49 AM

That's the same pipe that came stock on my '04, i love the sound and power with the silencer removed. it might be slightly heavy, but its durable!

• grayracer513

Posted July 14, 2008 - 11:45 AM

That is definitely not a stock, OEM YZ450 exhaust. The tail pipe is wrong, as is the conical lead in to the muffler. What it appears to be is the aforementioned GYT-R pipe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.