Help with Dead Engine Starts

2 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted July 12, 2008 - 02:14 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I am having a bit of trouble getting off the line with the big 450. I used to do ok on my 125 but not so good with the Big Blue bike

Any tips for a clean get away for a sit on the bike dead engine start on the WRs?[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted July 12, 2008 - 04:02 PM

A buddy of mine gets good dead engine starts on his fo-fitty by using the e-start and the kickstarter at the same time.

• tribalbc

Posted July 12, 2008 - 06:27 PM

A buddy of mine gets good dead engine starts on his fo-fitty by using the e-start and the kickstarter at the same time.

Your best dead engine start is gonna be with just the kickstarter The E button causes the motor to go through a couple dead rotations before it fires unless you've done the blue/white wire disconnect.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.