RR Sprocket

2 replies to this topic
  • Mrmonk7663

Posted July 10, 2008 - 09:23 PM

Anyone have a link to the RR Aluminum sprocket that I have read about? What other options are there for aluminum sprockets. Also, anyone know how much the stock sprocket weighs vs. some of the aftermarket aluminum ones, assuming same teeth on both?

Thanks,
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted July 11, 2008 - 03:37 AM

Aluminum will be about 1/3 the weight of steel but of course will wear out much faster. An alternative is an Ironman sprocket. Chromoly and weighs just slightly more than aluminum. Pricey at about $110 but will outlast 10 Al sprockets at $60 each. I'm on my second one after thousands of miles. Great product.

http://www.dirttrick...g_sprockets.htm

• Mrmonk7663

Posted July 11, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Did you do a weight comparison between your chromoly and your stocker? Thanks!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.