WR450 won't start unless you roll it

4 replies to this topic
  • Routt North

Posted July 10, 2008 - 07:47 PM

I have an 08' WR450 that will not start unless you roll start it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I installed a Baja Design dual sport kit, but everything seemed straight forward. The stator mod seemed easy but for some reason after I installed the kit it has had this problem. I would have thought it was the stator but since it does run I eliminated that. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

• KennyMc

Posted July 10, 2008 - 08:21 PM

I have an 08' WR450 that will not start unless you roll start it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I installed a Baja Design dual sport kit, but everything seemed straight forward. The stator mod seemed easy but for some reason after I installed the kit it has had this problem. I would have thought it was the stator but since it does run I eliminated that. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Your right, it is pretty straight forward. I installed one a few months ago but I had BD do the stator mod. For $30 I didn't want to mess with it.

Have you checked the volts at the battery once you get it started? I believe it should be ~13.5.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted July 10, 2008 - 08:47 PM

on my 08wr I've had 2 reasons for a push start
1. too much oill on air filter.
2. tight valves.

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 10, 2008 - 08:49 PM

id say tight valves or battery is drained enough to not start

• tweav

Posted July 10, 2008 - 09:43 PM

To be honest I would say that the jetting is too rich and your flooding it . I know on my 07 this was the case , my pilot jet was too big and it was very hard to start. I've got a 42 in it now and it's very close to right on , it changes a bit with the the air temp.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.