Price advice on rolling chassis

2 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted July 10, 2008 - 02:33 PM

I recently dropped three valves on my 02 WR426, which pretty much totalled the entire top end, and has probably hurt things in the bottom end and conrod.

I've got the parts price (no labour) and it's $4000 alone. I've pretty much written rebuilding it as it would cost more than i'd probably get for it second hand.

How much would be a reasonable price to sell the bike for as is? Everything else (there's not much else I suppose!) is in good working order.

It's got new bars, the frame and plastics are in good nick. Got three different tanks (YZ, WR and long-range), aftermarket bars, recently reserviced suspension and wheel/suspension bearings.

Just got no idea where to start with a decent asking price without selling myself short.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kirkster

Posted July 10, 2008 - 04:52 PM

just buy a used motor...

you can probably find one for less than 800 bucks...

• Charles De Mar

Posted July 10, 2008 - 07:22 PM

Part it out on ebay:excuseme:I have an 06 that I could use a second set of wheels on. I don't know if they would fit or not.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.