Help I can't get my 450 running right(backfires

4 replies to this topic
  • inspector

Posted July 10, 2008 - 06:44 AM

I bought a new o6 WR450 about 8 months ago. I put a new FMF pipe on , JD jet kit and a fuel mixture screw. The jet kit got rid of my low idle bog butt the bike is getting harder to start and it back fires alot. :thumbsup:

• William1

Posted July 10, 2008 - 08:16 AM

Did you do the pilot/fuel screw test and setup? Did you ensure you have no exhaust leaks?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevinwr450f

Posted July 10, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Does the 06 have an AIS? After removing mine all back firing stopped.

• inspector

Posted July 12, 2008 - 03:38 AM

I don't know what the pilot/fuel screw test is and yes my AIS is still hooked up. Butt will that make it start easyer with it removed?

• inspector

Posted July 14, 2008 - 03:53 PM

Thanks, disconnected the AIS and NO MORE backfire. Butt I still not sure whats up with my fuel mixture screw.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.