Locked Up Motor

4 replies to this topic
  • TooFast

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:37 PM

Anybody seen this? Hit the kill button, motor went clunk and locked up solid. Kickstarter wouldn't move at all....oil and coolant were fine...removed the clutch - gearbox rotated and shifted fine...crank turns with a socket,has compression,valves working....oil pump drive gear rotates....kickstarter seems fine...counterbalancer rotates ok, no metal between any gears.I'm now thinking of bolting it all back together and trying to start her up...was hoping someone had an answer for this

• S_Phillips

Posted May 30, 2002 - 04:42 AM

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: S Phillips ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racemile

Posted May 30, 2002 - 06:48 AM

When you say the kickstart wouldn't move....was it springy like your decomp lever was stuck? or immovable like it was locked metal to metal??

just asking

Jason

• TooFast

Posted May 30, 2002 - 10:58 AM

It was locked up solid, compresion release lever action felt normal. With the bike in gear and compression lever in you couldn't move the piston by rocking the bike. the kick starter wouldn't even move 1mm. Guess I'll have to split the cases to get any further. Thanks

• hart

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:34 AM

I'm wondering if the engage gear for the kick starter had engaged and locked the kick starter. If the problem went away when you pulled off the right case maybe this is it and it is nothing serious??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.