Grey wire mod 08 ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Ajax11

Posted July 09, 2008 - 06:44 AM

Is there any grey wire mod on WR450 08 ?? according my local YAMAHA dealer in sweden there is no one ,only blue/white to gearbox.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted July 09, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Ajax, there is a grey wire to unplug on the U.S. model. Could be that the others don't have it. Somewhere in these threads it explains where it is (with pictures). I know it's from a 6 plug connector behind the left side panel, but don't recall exactly where on the connector.

• Ajax11

Posted July 09, 2008 - 10:31 AM

On my 06 WR i did the Grey wire mod but according to local Yamaha dealer (sweden) the mod have no effect on 08. I don't know if its only bikes sold in europe i have located the grey wire but not disconnect it yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mekc

Posted July 09, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

• wartsnuff

Posted July 09, 2008 - 01:16 PM

I cut my grey wire...

although i didn't make a difference :thumbsup:

cheers & good luck

my bike is a 2008 wr450 as well! CND bike

Warts

• Desracer

Posted July 09, 2008 - 09:52 PM

My AIS kit from Yamaha had all of the instructions on what to do for mods. Do they sell this kit there, so you can look the instructions?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.