is this normal?

4 replies to this topic
  • lblma

Posted December 10, 2002 - 06:58 PM

my 2002 wr426 is yzf timmed and grey wire mood and has a stock header and a white bros e series pipe . the stock header glows red for about 4 inches out from the exhaust opening. the plug loooks beautiful. is this normal? this header pipe glowed red before i did the mods . what di you think? thanks paul

• tk421

Posted December 10, 2002 - 07:11 PM

At night it's normal.

If you can see it glow in the daytime you either have good eyes or a serious lean mixture condition.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lblma

Posted December 11, 2002 - 02:09 PM

yes it's at night when i see the glow. i saw in the day once because the garage was very dark. i guess it's ok cause my bike runs real nice. thanks

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted December 12, 2002 - 08:09 AM

Glowing pipe... yep... blame the single-wall pipe they use to reduce weight. It is very normal.

• pedman

Posted December 12, 2002 - 09:08 AM

:DI remember on my Honda XR400R at night it would be glowing so hot it was transparent :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.