I have oil coming out of my push lever shaft can any on help me ...

3 replies to this topic
  • revo15

Posted July 08, 2008 - 06:26 PM

i hade a chain come off and it wraped around the front sprcket and now i have oil leaking out of the shaft for the clutch.. is there a seal and how hard is it to change ? this is on a 2008 450 yz thanks guys ..

• grayracer513

Posted July 08, 2008 - 06:52 PM

There is a seal, but if it's leaking, I'll guess that the bore it sits in was damaged. Nevertheless, to remove the seal, remove the lever. to do that, remove the clutch cover and pressure plate so you can pull the push rod out half an inch or so, then pull the lever up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted July 09, 2008 - 11:21 AM

last post on here where a chain came off, it cracked the case at the clutch push lever....are you sure it's coming out he top and you don't have a cracked case?
If you're certain that it's not the case in the vicinity of the sprocket, then you may also have a bent clutch push lever which is creating a leak at the seal - either way you have to do/check what Grey said.

• drc02

Posted July 13, 2008 - 10:50 AM

fisrt remove sprocket and metal seal cover clean area with solvant and check case around drive shaft and also shift shaft for crack in case. then follow above advise. all grayracers posts that i have read are on track he is well informed.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.