WHAT MOTOR OIL IS BEST

4 replies to this topic
  • AGREEN

Posted May 29, 2002 - 05:13 AM

AFTER MY FIRST OIL CHANGE ON MY 2002 WR426 IT COST 16$ FOR YAMAHA 10-50 IS THEIR A COMPARABLE OIL THAT IS A LITTLE CHEAPER IN PRICE.ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE CANADIAN WR AND THE US.

• lewichris

Posted May 29, 2002 - 06:18 AM

do a search. Plenty of posts. Tons of posts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted May 29, 2002 - 06:42 AM

I would not recommend using the Yamalube 4R synthetic for your first few oil changes. Use a non-synthetic to break it in (such as Yamalube 4), then switch to a synthetic if you wish.

There is no reason not to stick to Yamalube 4 for the life of your bike.

www.rockymountainmc.com will sell you Yamalube 4 or 4R for much reasonable prices.

Any motorcycle specific 4 stroke non-synth or synthetic is safe as long as it meets the API spec listed in the manual.

Once you start asking about car oils, you will get lots of opinions. Many people, including myself, use automobile Mobil 1 15-50 (in the red cap) that is non-energy conserving (it would say energy conserving on the API donut) that can be purchased at Wal Mart for about $18 per 5 quart container.

• crotchrocket

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:12 PM

I have personally had excellent luck with Amsoil's new 0-40W 4-Stroke Formula total synthetic oil. I have talked extensively with Amsoil reps and independent contractors who have used Amsoil for years with great luck. I've noticed that not many people on here use Amsoil, but I really like it! I dumped the factory oil out after about an hour and a half of break-in, then switched to the Ams. All the experts I have talked with said that there is no reason to break an engine in on cheap petroleum oil. I hope this helps- I am no expert, but I have had good luck with Amsoil products!

• ISBB

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:48 AM

mobile one 15/50 red cap

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.