GOT MOAB?

26 replies to this topic
  • Polo

Posted February 07, 2001 - 12:19 PM

Anyone been talking about another Moab thing?

• WR_Rider

Posted February 07, 2001 - 03:41 PM

i thought there was some talk about getting together in or around New England at some point. If not a trip to Moab would be juuuuuuust fine! missed the last one.

• Ted_in_Massachusetts

Posted February 07, 2001 - 04:27 PM

All, When you guys plan a Moab trip, how far in advance to you schedule it? I WANT IN...

WR_Rider, where are you located? I am also in MA (bet you couldn't guess that one without my help) near Marlborough.

• PMAUST

Posted February 07, 2001 - 10:11 PM

Yea, me too! I would like to make a trip to Moab this year. It would also be fun to meet some of the people who frequent this site. If anybody wants to get together to plan something let us know.

• bonez34

Posted February 07, 2001 - 10:17 PM

what about trails heaven? has anyone been? whats it like? i look at their site and kringe- try it, you'll like it. WWW.trailsheaven.com

• TheBOS

Posted February 08, 2001 - 04:28 AM

Ted in MA:

I'm from CT, I have been meaning to check out the riding in MA. Where do you ride?

My buddy has a house in the Berkshires, in Charlemont that I visit a lot, I just don't know any of trails.

Also, what is required to ride the state forests in MA? Does the bike have to be reqistered?
-Brett

• Bryan

Posted February 08, 2001 - 05:51 AM

Hi everyone.
We Colorado boys do a Moab trip every spring and every fall. We haven't discussed when yet. But I'm sure we will do it. Probably in April?
I'll ask the 'usual suspects' at the ArenaCross in Denver next week.
Bryan...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 08, 2001 - 07:43 AM

We are planning a MOAB trip in April around the weekend of the 13th. My riding buddies wife and I both have birthdays on that weekend so that's our present to ourselves!

We'll have 2 YZF's, an XR200, ans a XT225 Serow. Shpould be a great trip! I can't wait, especially since it's snowing like a mother in Denver today!

But my point is, anyone can come along if you want. We are not making a big production of it but we'll be there for anyone who wants to hook up.

Roostn in Golden

• Polo

Posted February 08, 2001 - 04:18 PM

MOAB :D HEHEHEEE HEEHEHEHHE mOAAAAAB HEHE AHAAAAHAHEEE MOOOOOOOOOab!!!! :D :D :D ooooohhhh aaaaaahhhhhh moooaaaab :) Can't wait!!!! :D

• WR_Rider

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:16 PM

Ted,
i think i know where marlboro is?...i lived there for 16 years. I'm in Clinton now. waiting for the snow to melt and recovering from elbow surgery.
Brett,
foxboro and wrentham have some nice technical areas (those are the legal ones) there are others.
as far as being registered, i am, as well as the other guys i ride with. i think as long as you are registered in the state which you reside it should be ok. just my thought.
keep in touch guys. we'll hook up for a ride...i'm usually out with 4 or 5 other guys every weekend...
talk to ya later

-Chuck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aftershock

Posted February 08, 2001 - 09:17 PM

Speaking of Marlboro, I think Polo needs one :)

• Bryan

Posted February 09, 2001 - 05:20 AM

No. Polo certainly doesn't need a Marlboro. I've met Polo and what he needs is some cliffs, speed, sand and danger. Moab will suit these needs nicely!
How's that new WR426 Polo? Like it better than the old, outdated, obsolete WR400? (like mine)
:)
Bryan...

• Polo

Posted February 11, 2001 - 08:48 AM

It looks great sitting there in my garage. Read my post "a sinners confesion" and you'll know where I stand so far.

I really neeeeeed a trip jip ip tri tp trip somewhere to go riding. The disease is setting innnnn in, and is alreaddddy affecting my motttttorootototor skills. Be carefull to get at least a weekly dose of Yamaha or you to willllll getttttet it.
It may already be toooooo late for mmmmme, I am in the second staged of "Lackofyamatosis" already.

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 11, 2001 - 11:18 AM

Bonez,
Trails Heaven looks sweet. I have lived in FL and GA, and wonder when the best time of year would be to go?. I suppose late April/May/early June so we don't roast. I don't know about down there, but today we have a -50F windchill and too much snow here in NH. Maybe it will be another late arriving summer?

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• bonez34

Posted February 11, 2001 - 04:10 PM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
Bonez,
Trails Heaven looks sweet. I have lived in FL and GA, and wonder when the best time of year would be to go?. I suppose late April/May/early June so we don't roast. I don't know about down there, but today we have a -50F windchill and too much snow here in NH. Maybe it will be another late arriving summer?

kevin, we went to WV last year around April and the temp was right on. here in Va. Beach it is around the mid 30's, a far cry from your temp. but is still not cold enough to keep us from riding-frozen snot and all. we are planning a weekend trip for the april-may time this year and going to trailsheaven. i have never been but just from their site it looks very nice!!! marked and rated trails, riding into town to get gas, over 80 miles on one trail system?!?!?!?! e-mail when the time comes to see if you can make the trip, i'll also let the board know when we go.

• CAB

Posted February 12, 2001 - 03:34 PM

I'm in for any trip to Moab. Went on the October get-together with three friends from Az. and had a great time even though one of our gang broke a foot and we left early.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 12, 2001 - 04:11 PM

Tim and I plan on going to Moab in the next week or two to scout some "new" rides (of course we'll do the favorites too). Anybody interested in hooking up is welcome!

• bonez34

Posted February 12, 2001 - 06:27 PM

Originally posted by CAB:
I'm in for any trip to Moab. Went on the October get-together with three friends from Az. and had a great time even though one of our gang broke a foot and we left early.

you left early cause of a foot?!?!?!?! are you crazy? he's got another one! i've seen people with less than 1 foot ride a dirt bike! gees, he musta really been cryin, or ya'll are really gooooood friends!!!

------------------
Confucious say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky.

• Polo

Posted February 12, 2001 - 10:27 PM

Chris,
I'm going to the sand dunes Sat-Mon if you want to swing down. Anyone in the erea is wellcome. About 20 riders will be coming I think.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 13, 2001 - 05:41 AM

Which dunes are you referring to? Little Sahara? or something in Moab. Where are you guys coming from?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.