Why you don't you buy a YZ instead of modifying a WR into a YZ

22 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 31, 2002 - 04:53 AM

Dan, I clocked 89mph (15 counter) with my trusty Pacemaker3 off-road.
Stock WR timing could be the thing holding me back. My friend and boss clocked 98mph on the highway (gps) with a bone stock (14 counter) 01' WR.

If I forget to buy "accidental insurance" and crash really bad can I still file a claim, claiming I "accidentaly" forgot to get insurance??? :)

DL :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted May 31, 2002 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, Dan, that could be it. I'm on YZ timing with grey wire cut. My 88 mph was recorded in the Procomp during a club enduro. I think it was in a sandwash when I was running late. Anyway, there was still more speed left, but not much.
Dan
PS: if you can find after-accident insurance, get a job with them. I think I know where you can sell about 10,000 policies right away <grin>.

• JDOregon

Posted June 01, 2002 - 05:31 AM

Another opinion: The tranny.

I have a WR426, my brother has a YZ426. We like to put around with our kids when they ride. I can let it idle in 1st easily (it has enough torque to go up slight inclines without touching the throttle!), he's constantly pulling in the clutch. He got his first, and tried to talk me into a YZ, only to admit that it would be nice to have a "crawler" gear.

The stock lighting coil is nice too.

Greater overall versatility is the answer in my case.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.