using YZF plastics on a WR426?

12 replies to this topic
  • ljparton

Posted July 07, 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ok which plastics will work?

I have a 2001 WR426F, i want to buy new plastics but i can only found black in the YZF plastics.

I want a mx rear fender, and i want to continue to run my stock tank for the extra capacity.

I just need to know which side panels, radiator shrouds, and fenders will fit.

Thanks,

Logan

• crazyal426

Posted July 07, 2008 - 08:33 PM

All of the YZF plastic should be a direct fit. I have put a rear MX fender on a WRF. The only problem you might have is with the rad shrouds and the LH side panel if you still have your radiator catch can. They might be a little different. Good luck!

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 07, 2008 - 09:06 PM

You'll have to do some trimming on the rear fender by the mid pipe and also on the LH side panel like Crazyal426 said. Everything else should bolt right up. As far as the shrouds go, I have an 02 wr and I used my stock shrouds with a clarke stock yz (size) tank. The tank fit with the shrouds. I think 01's are the same but not sure

• matt4x4

Posted July 08, 2008 - 04:24 AM

There are two types of rad shrouds - although they are identical in shape, one will have the lower front screw go through at right angles to the plastic, while the other goes through at a 45. Mine is supposed to have the right angle shroud, but the previous owner had bought the ones with the 45, they still fit and bolt down fine with a larger washer under the screw.
YZF fenders (front and back) fit fine - trim rear as needed.
A neighbour just bought a WR250 and he got some YZ125 2 stroke plastics given to him from a friend - fenders are a direct bolt on as well.
I believe the left side plate may be a bit fatter on the WR, but do not know for sure - maybe look at pictures that were taken from the back and compare.

• ljparton

Posted July 08, 2008 - 07:33 AM

ok, so which rad shrouds will fit?

With the stock WR tank?

And has anyone ever just trimmed their left sidepanel to fit with the catch can?

• byggd

Posted July 08, 2008 - 02:09 PM

As far as I have read all 98-02 yz & wr 400 & 426 use the same shrouds as far as bolt up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted July 08, 2008 - 02:33 PM

As far as I have read all 98-02 yz & wr 400 & 426 use the same shrouds as far as bolt up.

98-99 400 shrouds are different than 00-02 426 shrouds. That's the angle of the radiator tab mounting thingie. All else is the same.

Yes, I have trimmed a YZ side panel to clear the catch tank hoses. The trim lines are molded into both the Acerbis and Polysport panels...just cut on the dotted lines.

• matt4x4

Posted July 09, 2008 - 03:46 AM

As I stated above - On the rad shroud the angle is pretty much irrelevant unless you're building a museum piece - functionality is still there - here's a pic of what the wrong piece looks like installed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rory86

Posted October 13, 2011 - 01:26 AM

just want to be clear i have "01'' WR426 i want a black plastic kit . I should order 01 YZ tank,seat and plastics and they will bolt up with a couple of mods

• UNICYCLEMIKE

Posted October 13, 2011 - 08:01 PM

I put a 2001 yz426 seat, a new Clarke '99 yz stock size tank, and used the stock shrouds('99 wr400) on the my old wr400. Everything went together perfectly!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rory86

Posted October 14, 2011 - 01:32 AM

mate youve done well looks good cant wait to transform my WR

• 513rider

Posted October 28, 2011 - 07:13 PM

I got my '01 WR with the stock plastics and i replaced it with all new YZf plastics from UFO and a new Clarke YZf tank.

Posted Image

• UNICYCLEMIKE

Posted October 28, 2011 - 09:00 PM

I got my '01 WR with the stock plastics and i replaced it with all new YZf plastics from UFO and a new Clarke YZf tank.

Posted Image

:worthy:NICE!:busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.