front brake master

8 replies to this topic
  • roushxteam199

Posted July 07, 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hey well im in the process of fixing my bike from a minor incident at 50 mph 2 weeks ago on a road.
Well i saw this yz 450 have a cbr 1000rr front brake master. Has any one done it here and what did they need to make it work.

Im making my bike into a supermoto. Im making a custom dash for my vapor an my other buttons and i just think it would be a cool setup to have a cbr brake master.I might try to use the caliper to.

• roushxteam199

Posted July 07, 2008 - 06:44 PM

there is a picture of the bike. the owner doesnt know anything about it cause the person before him installed it

• tweav

Posted July 07, 2008 - 06:48 PM

It's very hard to get a 4 piston caliper to clear the spokes on a super moto . I don't really see and issue with using a cbr master other then it's a bit huge . I would suggest a brembo style master , one can be had for cheap on e-bay .

I'm fairly sure all the stock banjo bolt and washers fit

• roushxteam199

Posted July 08, 2008 - 04:59 AM

ya i thought about that to. I just think its differnt to have the cbr master. i would shorten the lever.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted July 08, 2008 - 05:45 AM

I'll bet it will be very touchy . being that it puts out enough volume to work two calipers . I'll bet it will pull in kind of hard. it's most likely somewhere around a 20 mm bore. just as a guess.

• roushxteam199

Posted July 08, 2008 - 06:39 AM

yes i have thought about that to. mechanical advantage thats what it come to. it seems like every post i have tweav your the one that always answers all the questions. haha

• tweav

Posted July 08, 2008 - 12:53 PM

My wr is a supermoto . it just does not have the monster brake yet. I have not needed more then just a 320 front rotor yet. :thumbsup: so I've do a little research.
Posted Image

• roushxteam199

Posted July 08, 2008 - 05:55 PM

ya i like your bike alot. that is what i want my to look like. it should be done the end of this month. im buying parts from guys on supermotojunkie.

• tweav

Posted July 08, 2008 - 09:01 PM

that's where I got my rims. Right now the only thing bothering me about the looks of my bike is ,I think it's time for the blue to go away for awhile . I ready for a fresh look

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.