Posted July 07, 2008 - 05:06 PM

Looks nice.

http://www.racerxfilms.com/

• Norman

Posted July 07, 2008 - 06:11 PM

Interesting choice of numbers........:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted July 07, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Bike looks nice, but :cry: :p (sell, sell):worthy: :ride: (buy one):prof: :rant: :cry: ...... :p

The Yamaha rep has never learned to use a kick starter properly is about all I got from it. :thumbsup:

• Windseeker

Posted July 07, 2008 - 09:06 PM

+1 on bla-blahiness and general boringness of the presentation...
:thumbsup:

• FriscoKLR

Posted July 07, 2008 - 10:26 PM

Sweet, another year and no reason to upgrade my '06.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 08, 2008 - 06:50 AM

That was really lame....at the least they should have had Phil give his 1.25cents worth of opinion after riding it. :thumbsup:
#7..........hmmmmmmm

• adamdf

Posted July 08, 2008 - 09:20 AM

That was really lame....at the least they should have had Phil give his 1.25cents worth of opinion after riding it. :cry:
#7..........hmmmmmmm

+100000000000 lol :p :worthy: :thumbsup: :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huckster

Posted July 08, 2008 - 09:29 AM

New seat cover, new top clamp mount, new pipe, gold coating on the chain, so basically they slightly changed everything that everyone changes anyway....I think i will keep my 07 as well.

• M_Xrider

Posted July 08, 2008 - 11:03 AM

Now Im anticipating for the 2010,damn the yami's are so sexy!

• Justin89

Posted July 08, 2008 - 03:40 PM

:thumbsup: It's Bubba time...:p

• adamdf

Posted July 08, 2008 - 07:49 PM

New seat cover, new top clamp mount, new pipe, gold coating on the chain, so basically they slightly changed everything that everyone changes anyway....I think i will keep my 07 as well.

Well there is the big swingarm change, i wouldn't discredit that just yet. I don't think it is enough for a guy with an 07 to have to upgrade, but i still think it could be noteworthy. Either way, we will never know till one of our very own trusty thumpertalkers has a chance to compare it to theirs, its the only real world advice we can get in my opinion, the mags just vary too wildly to be taken seriously these days.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted July 09, 2008 - 06:19 AM

Anyone have an idea when the 09s are coming out?

Interesting that Honda sponsored that video.
Very lame compared to Transworld video of the Yami. Foster couldn't say enough good things about the bike.

• adamdf

Posted July 09, 2008 - 01:17 PM

Foster couldn't say enough good things about the bike.

Keep in mind that it was somewhat of a yamaha press launch, when a company (yamaha) invites you (in this case TWMX), you hardly are going to bash the bike, if you watch the majority of those videos, not just from TWMX but from other mags too, the initial review is usually filled with positive statements. Then a few months later when they do their shootouts, you will hear the real complaints then, i have witnessed this several times. And once again, even when they do their shootouts, their word should only be taken as their opinion. I find that these days shootouts are becoming more and more of less value as the bikes become more and more similar. But let me give you an example of one mag, RacerX, in 2006 when kawi released the new 450 they all loved and raved about it and it won their shootout, then in 2007 kawi invited them out to test the new 07 which had "50 plus changes" and they all loved it (very much like this recent TWMX video), fast forward to racerx's 2007 shootout and where did their 2006 winner and their sweet 07 finish? LAST!! It gets worse, the same pro test rider ( i wont mention names) that rated the kawi first in 2006, rated it last in the 07 shootout, even with all those sweet updates.

Just something to think about :thumbsup:

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 09, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Anyone have an idea when the 09s are coming out?

Interesting that Honda sponsored that video.
Very lame compared to Transworld video of the Yami. Foster couldn't say enough good things about the bike.

honda sponsers everything racerx does pretty much whether its for their brand or not

• MX926

Posted July 09, 2008 - 02:28 PM

I would have thought they would have changed the muffler. Other than that, looks and sounds great to me..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.