yzf timing i'm confused with the pic exh. cam

1 reply to this topic
  • lblma

Posted December 10, 2002 - 09:57 AM

the pic on tech talk says to turn the exhaust cam 1 tooth clockwise. but from what i see on the pic in the tech article you would have to turn the exhaust cam counterclockwise (from the left side of the bike) because the tick mark on the exhaust cam is higher than the intake. please clarify this as my bike is taken apart and im really wanting to see how this works. thanks guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • neWRiver

Posted December 10, 2002 - 12:08 PM

You need to turn it clockwise as you face the cam sprockets from the left side of the bike. You will originally have 13 cam chain pins between the punch marks on the tops of the sprockets. When you are finished, you should have 12 pins between them. You are moving the top of the exhaust cam sprocket toward the intake cam sprocket.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.