Husky WR430 1987

5 replies to this topic
  • underpressure

Posted July 07, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Can anybody help me with a few tech questions
what is the cylinder head torque spec and how do i set the ignition timing??:thumbsup: :p :cry:

• ryboj

Posted July 07, 2008 - 12:22 PM

Can anybody help me with a few tech questions
what is the cylinder head torque spec and how do i set the ignition timing??:thumbsup: :p :cry:

I can get you the head torque spec when I get home tonight. I should have it listed in my svc manual. No comment on the ignition timing though.

Anyone know where to get new top end parts at a good price on this bike?? Sorry to hijack. :p

• ryboj

Posted July 08, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Dang, I'll remind myself again to check... sorry...

• ryboj

Posted July 08, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Ok, here ya go:

On the head, on the outer 4 corners, those are at 29ft lbs. The ones in between, in the middle sections, are 25 ft lbs + loctite 222.

Hope this helps out...

• Fugi

Posted July 09, 2008 - 03:34 PM

got the pin for the flywheel? get TDC then back off the set amount and the pin goes into the flywheel and stator. then lock down the stator. i think 1.2mm thats from memory...thats old. havent set that in 20 years..

• underpressure

Posted July 10, 2008 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the quick response
my be im wrong my head has only 4 nuts and the timing rotor has no keyway its just a taper
maybe its a CR not a WR :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.