Hebo Owners !! Slave Cylinder Incontinence

5 replies to this topic
  • Alain

Posted May 28, 2002 - 10:19 AM

I noticed last night that my slave cylinder is has been leaking !! :) I`m pretty sure that this happened to another fellow TT`er... did you fix it yourselves... where did you get the parts ? is it a complicated job..ie special tools etc..

thanks

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 28, 2002 - 11:01 AM

Alain, Mine too!!! I looks as though the seals have deteriorated (S?) I went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of o-rings that looked close. I found two that work ok it's just that the pull is alot harder than it used to be but it doesn't leak anymore. This reminds me to call and order the right seals from erider or smackover. Have you called them yet??

Dan :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 28, 2002 - 11:03 AM

After reading your post again I can tell you that they are really easy to work on. All you need is a snap ring puller (pliers) to pull out the cylinder and replace the orings with new ones. It looks exactly like a piston and ring assembly like in the engine.

later

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alain

Posted May 29, 2002 - 01:30 AM

Perfect, that`s what I wanted to hear. I haven`t called anybody yet as I wanted to have someones opinion before I started callling. thanks for the info Dan.

• Alain

Posted May 30, 2002 - 01:26 AM

Dan,

I spoke to Kevin at erider who told me that the o-ring can be bought at any hardware store and it`s a metric sized o-ring.

later

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 30, 2002 - 04:50 AM

Alain, Please let me know if you find the correct oring size, I did go that route but the pull is way harder now, maybe I bought the wrong size. Thanks for the info..

Dan :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.