03 YZ450F Starting problems

OK here's the deal, I have an 03 YZ450 that is about to drive me nuts. I put a new timing chain on it the other day, put it together, kicked it 3 times fired up and ran fine. Took it to the track today kicked my butt off and it finally started and ran great. Shut it off, took a break, 3 of took turns kicking and it wouldn't start. Went back about 45 minutes later, started 1st kick ran great. Shut it off, to take a braek. Hasn't started since. I 'am tired and my leg is sore from kicking. PLEASE help.

Changed the plug 1st thing when I started having problems. I don't think its a timing issue because it runs to good when it does start. My thoughts are the pilot jet or CDI beaking down. Does this sound logical??

By find TDC, do you mean you find the "hard spot" of the compression stroke, or push it past that to TDC?

The correct way is to come up against compression, reset the lever for a full kick, and then kicking through from there. Some make the mistake of over-thinking things by attempting to get over TDC to start the kick. When that is done, the force of the starting stroke is pretty much exhausted by the time the next compression stoke comes around.