I want to change sprockets ,but to what?

5 replies to this topic
  • 450wr-rider

Posted July 06, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hey
I have a balls to the wall 04 wr 450 but i ride with 08 yz 450's, my question is what would be a great ratio for gears to have a awsome low end power ,on the straight stretch my bike walks past them but when it comes to them doing wheelies or holeshot races they have me beat.any ideas???:p :thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted July 06, 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hey
I have a balls to the wall 04 wr 450 but i ride with 08 yz 450's, my question is what would be a great ratio for gears to have a awsome low end power ,on the straight stretch my bike walks past them but when it comes to them doing wheelies or holeshot races they have me beat.any ideas???:p :thumbsup:

what are you running now ?

• 450wr-rider

Posted July 06, 2008 - 10:21 AM

its all stock at that point <50 on the back and whatever stock is on the front.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 06, 2008 - 10:38 AM

its all stock at that point <50 on the back and whatever stock is on the front.

if its all stock then your running 14/50

when your drag racing from a dead stop try starting in second and see how you do

• Lennie

Posted July 07, 2008 - 04:32 AM

Stick a 13 on the front. Its the nuts, the bike still pull 86mph on the GPS and is very fast through the gears. Fit a jetting kit too and you should be fast enough.

• xrmarty

Posted July 07, 2008 - 06:18 AM

+1 on the 13t front sprocket. It's easy enough to do.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.