cable repair

3 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted May 28, 2002 - 08:32 AM

Is there anywhere else other then terry cable that you can send your dammaged cables to get them recabled? Are there local shops that do this kind of thing? I would like to get my throttle cables redone for a backup and a decompression cable for my wifes bike. Thanks guys.

Chris L.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 28, 2002 - 02:32 PM

At only $35.00 to replace them why would you want to. Shipping, parts and labor have got to add up to more than that....Plus your reusing the old tubes as well.

Hmmmmmmm ?

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted May 28, 2002 - 03:46 PM

i build custom cables!recableing isnt a problem if you have all the stuff.but unless your cables arent available or really exspensive its not worth it.i get 40 bucks to biuld a cable.i have a single throttle cable on my bike with a "cr" throttle so i have to make mine.

• lewichris

Posted May 29, 2002 - 04:10 AM

terry cable said taht they would rebuild them for 12-14 dollars. I would just have to get them to them. Bill I see your point but to buy a new or used compression release cable is expensive or you have to wait to find it on ebay. The throttle cables you are right just buy a new set. Just thought i would ask the question though.

Chris

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.