EKN needle

24 replies to this topic
  • Clark_Mason

Posted February 17, 2001 - 08:01 AM

Andrew in Oz

Hopefully, you are YZ timed as it works better with the YZ timing. Just follow the instllation instructions and use it. You may experience a slight stumble at 1/8 throttle while just crusing at a constant speed in the performance mode never happens in the torque mode. I jetted my almost out with a slight adjustment to the fuel screw. Yours may be fine. If you are trail riding you will never notice this slight hesitation/stumble. Its really a minor thing and I kinda a perfectionest.

Good Luck and report your results.

Clark

• Andrew_in_OZ

Posted February 18, 2001 - 03:19 PM

There is about a two week wait on the VORTEX ignitions due to the high demand for them in the U.S. The fella I spoke to recomended not to buy the tuners kit unless it was for a race team or engine tuner etc, as the cdi with the dual curve switch will give great results in all riding conditions. The rev limiters are set at 11,800 RPM. I can't wait to try it out and I'll. let you know how it goes

------------------
Andrew
"00"WR400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andrew_in_OZ

Posted February 28, 2001 - 01:41 AM

VORTEX is definately the the way to go! Got mine today only took about 20 min to swap over.It was almost dark but I still went for a quick ride,It totaly changed the bike especialy in race mode where it spent 80% of the ride on the rear wheel. I'm quite impressed with it and would recomend it to anyone who has upgraded to yz timing, "E" series nedles etc... or where major changes in riding conditions occur. Thanks to all who have helped in this post and stop reading and start ordering all of you power hungry WR owners who have not already done so!
P.S. the missus said if she sees me ride like that again shes leav'n me! I wonder why?
------------------
Andrew
"00"WR400
YZ timing,EKN needle, VORTEX dualcurve ignition
SF triple platinum s/plug
open box -unifilter
98oct fuel
Staintune s/s open exhaust& header......
Somebody stop me !!!

[This message has been edited by Andrew in OZ (edited 02-28-2001).]

• Taffy

Posted February 28, 2001 - 01:55 AM

who does the best dael on these & how much extra is the tuning kit?

Taffy

• Andrew_in_OZ

Posted February 28, 2001 - 02:36 AM

Taffy, I got mine directly from VORTEX here in Australia www.vortex-performance.com.au $460.00 au$(inc delivery).I cant remember exactly the cost of the tuners kit but it is just a flopy disk,a little box and some cables cant be too expensive I'll find out if no one knows for sure.

------------------
Andrew
"00"WR400
YZ timing,EKN needle, VORTEX dualcurve ignition
SF triple platinum s/plug
open box -unifilter
98oct fuel
Staintune s/s open exhaust& header......
Somebody stop me !!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.