can anyone tell me what bike this belongs to? asap please

8 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted July 05, 2008 - 09:27 AM

frame number is JYACJ06C55A002609 suposed to be a 05 wr 450?

but theres no electric start not registered and the rear panels look like there off a older bike.

im off to see the bike tomorrow so if theres anything anyone can tell me it would be of great help.
also what faults or problems to look out for.

• BajaFool

Posted July 05, 2008 - 10:43 AM

If there is no evidence that the bike had electric start at some time, it is not a 2005 WR450F. If you included a photo for us to look at, it is not attached to your email.

• minty0_10

Posted July 05, 2008 - 11:23 AM

this is the link to ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ms=tab=Watching

or if you cant find it the item number is 190233886081 ebay.co.uk

thanks guys

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 05, 2008 - 11:36 AM

I don't see a kick stand, it looks like a YZ seat and tank but it also looks like an 18" rear wheel. Definitely WR trim with rear fender and head light... from the pic though can't tell if there is a starter there :thumbsup:

Dohp.... I just saw the air box and it pretty much looks like a YZ... the WR would have the side door access in 05'.

Pretty sure you are looking at a YZ.

Many people have successfully converted their YZ's, my dad has a street legal YZ426 in WR trim. The owner would need the stator modified to run the lights..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted July 05, 2008 - 11:39 AM

[COLOR="Green"]with no estart it is not a WR
That bike will have only 4 gears also
[/COLOR]

• GENE426

Posted July 05, 2008 - 11:48 AM

Email him and ask
Looks like a 19" wheel to me
also over seas some of the bikes are a tad diff but i would not think that much and no kick stand either

• minty0_10

Posted July 05, 2008 - 12:17 PM

ok thanks guy i,l ask him how many gears it has. my mate has a yz 426 and that has 5 gears?

anything i should be looking for when viewing a wr faults and things i know the basic bike things.

• Strattos

Posted July 10, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Minty, the YZs and WRs have differed at times over the years in terms of how many gears they have. To my knowledge the WRs have always had five gears while the YZs have ranged from 4 to 5.

• minty0_10

Posted July 11, 2008 - 11:02 AM

cheers for the reply, i left that bike alone ive since bought a 05 wr 450

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.