Picking up a "new" 450

3 replies to this topic
  • CAVSCOUT96

Posted July 05, 2008 - 06:04 AM

Fella's

I'm finally upgrading to the magic button!! One of my buddies is giving me a sweet deal on his NEARLY cherry condition '03 450F (coming off a 400).

He has all the parts for the starter mod, but hasn;t installed them yet. Anything else with the '03s that I should keep an eye out for? He's giving me too good a deal to pass up, so I am definitely getting the bike, just looking for preventative tips to keep it running strong.

Thanks in advance

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 05, 2008 - 12:12 PM

Nope... the woodruff key I think is the only thing you really need to be concerned about with that year... If it is truly a low hour machine then everything should be good for a while:ride:

Do the starter mod right away, don't wait!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CAVSCOUT96

Posted July 05, 2008 - 01:10 PM

WILCO

first thing on the agenda!!!

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 05, 2008 - 01:23 PM

They also had the run of "string cheese" lube in the swing arm / linkage bearings on the WR's about this time... it's also a good idea to take this apart right from the start and clean / lube as needed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.