Star Wars Drag Race

2 replies to this topic
  • Frostbite

Posted July 04, 2008 - 09:58 AM

I went for a ride along the shore at lunchtime today and almost got duped into a race.

The other machine was bigger but I thought I had the advantage in the mud and sand with my paddle tire, so I was going to go for it.

We were lined up and ready to go, but a last minute glance at this Battlestar Galactica Lookin’ machine revealed he had an illegal hull. Caught that cheater cold!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450FGreg

Posted July 04, 2008 - 01:32 PM

Man, that shot is awesome !!

We don't get stuff like that here! (South-Eastern Australia.)

Greg

• Frostbite

Posted July 04, 2008 - 02:10 PM

Man, that shot is awesome !!

We don't get stuff like that here! (South-Eastern Australia.)

Greg

Strong winds blow bits of iceberg into the fiord. We have a very high tide, so some get stranded and then refloat at the next tide. The tide was low at noon, and there were a couple of cool looking chunks so I rode down for a few shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last night I broke off a chunk and carried it home on my lap. Iceberg ice is very pure. It froze a long, long time ago, long before pollution was invented. It’s very dense, compressed under the extreme weight of glaciers. A cube of this in your drink lasts 2ce as long as a home made one. Some folks melt it for drinking water.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.