Jetting Questions - Just need a little fine tuning

1 reply to this topic
  • thekannatakid

Posted May 27, 2002 - 06:37 AM

Hello all,

Since I got most of my advice and info from you guys on this side, and jetting is a bit of a "taboo" subject these days over on the yellow side, I've come for some advice.

I've got a 2001 DRZ 400E
I ride 4000-7000'
Snorkle removed
Stock exhaust
Coast enrichener is ON

From Taffy, James Dean and others I've got to this setup.

5/8 turn PAJ
Fuel screw 3 turns
MJ 158
MAJ 200
Needle EKN clip#3
Taffy mod APJ

Bike starts and idles alright. Nasty bog when the throttle is cracked open quickly from an idle, bike will stall 9 times outta 10. Once you twist the throttle the bike will not settle to an idle but continues at high idle, it will settle to an idle if choked.

Fuel screw out 3 turns, according to the tuning manual, means the pilot jet is too small. The bike would drop nicely to idle with the stock 45PJ, 100PAJ, all else the same on a previous test.

The smaller 40PJ was supposed to be the ticket, what else should I be looking at? Is the 40PJ workable?

Bike isn't rideable right now so I need help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted May 27, 2002 - 11:14 AM

check your PM thannatakid

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.