rebuild jokers

1 reply to this topic
  • wr 400 mikky

Posted July 02, 2008 - 04:59 AM

hey, i live in greece now but as my wr400 engine let go last year,i sent it back to dps racing in yorkshire, asked them to have a look and give me estimate to fix, so after payin £450 for recon crank ,bearins, cam chain etc, i get it back only to discover when i get it back together i only have 3 gears!! who the hell :p :thumbsup: would split the cases and not check the selector forks or gears?? so it`s gonna have to come back out already, any advice on what could be wrong ??i`m sure it`s the same crank too as it was all different colors near the con rod bearing, they not all like that are they ?
:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted July 02, 2008 - 06:35 AM

Yes, all the cranks are blued - it's a result of having to heat the crank to seat the big end pin.
I would hazzard to guess they put a fork in backwards.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.