PAS & noisy Slide

4 replies to this topic
  • CHUCKY

Posted May 27, 2002 - 01:06 AM

Considering buying a PAS but have to buy it out of state and get it posted.
I was wondering what they look like ?. What's the deal with the spring, it costs nearly as much as the screw ?.
Are they just a screw with a tapered end and a hole up the centre and out the side or some grooves on the outside diameter to let the air in ?.
Does anyone have a noisy slide ?. I guess it is the slide plate but it has a rubber ring on it. Mine sometimes makes a chattery noise at idle.

Chucky.

• CHUCKY

Posted May 29, 2002 - 02:08 AM

Found a picture of a PAS but would still like to know if anybody has a noise that sounds like the slide chattering ????.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • S_Phillips

Posted May 29, 2002 - 03:59 AM

Need better explaination:

Is it doing this while engine running, idling
or off and twsting the throttle?

• CHUCKY

Posted May 30, 2002 - 12:38 AM

S.PHILLIPS,
JUST WHEN IT'S SITTING THERE IDLING, I THINK IT'S MAYBE THE SLIDE FRONT PLATE OR A LOOSE ROLLER AND WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT WAS COMMON ?. NOTICED YOU HAVE AN 02 WR. CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT SIZE MAJ IT HAS STANDARD. THANK FOR THE RESPONSE.

CHUCKY.

• Taffy

Posted May 30, 2002 - 02:34 AM

mine did it a lot. check that your idle isn't too low.

it's no big deal, i don't think.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.