2008 yz450f bog in the whoops...

3 replies to this topic
  • zacw

Posted July 01, 2008 - 07:40 PM

I just picked up my 2008 yz450f limited edition two days ago... I took it out and it has pretty good power... Well for a 155 pound rider like me... It ran just great for the first 20 minutes or so... Then It got really hot... I live in vegas so it's 110 degrees but Whenever i'd hit a bump or two it would bog and almost die... Then I took it through the whoops and it died...:p Keep in mind I was only in second gear half throttle though so it's not like i was beating the hekk out of it before it's broken in... I'm coming off of my 250 two stroke so i'm kinda confused...:thumbsup: Some of my friends say that it's just jetting but i am not sure and was wonderin if you have any tips????

• Stepdaddy

Posted July 01, 2008 - 08:39 PM

110 is hot, in houston i see 100 at the most and h avent had any problems like that...id check jetting and go from there...what type of gas are you running?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 02, 2008 - 12:20 PM

That heat is high - it could be the jetting and/or in need of float adjustment. Does it cough out in air or landings? I suggest more saddle/breakin time and turn up the idle screw a bit

• zacw

Posted July 02, 2008 - 02:13 PM

I'm runnig shell v power premium...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.