Looking for a new bike to replace my 01 klx 250

3 replies to this topic
  • klx.rider.

Posted May 27, 2002 - 12:17 AM

Hey all. I currently own an 01 klx 250. The only mods i've done is uncork the exhaust. After the first week of riding i realised how gutless this bike was. It just didn't have the power to suit me. My mate came over on his 98 suzuki dr350 and we went for a ride along a few dirt roads. i just couldn't keep up. It was really quite embarressing as he asked me why i was going so slow i told him the bike doesn't go any faster and he just laughed at me. I ride my klx on roads as i have a motorbike license and i have alot of trouble overtaking cars on the highways. Going up a hill with a bit of wind i slow down to 80k/ph. So i have to move to the left lane to let all the cars overtake me. really annoys me.

I don't wanna make the same mistake and buy another bike like this. I want something with A LOT more power. I was looking into getting a new xr650 but it would cost too much to insure because it is over 600ccs.

Now i have been thinking about buying a WR 426. How is the power with this bike. Will it keep up with my mates dr350, have enough speed to overtake cars without struggling and maintain atleast 120k/ph up a hill without slowing down?

thanks

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 27, 2002 - 05:36 AM

the WR400/426,

DRZ Suzuki's,

KTM's,

CRF,

YZ/WR250F

would SMOKE the DRZ350.

I think the DRZ350 puts out < 20 bhp...

all the bikes listed above are > 35 bhp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted May 27, 2002 - 01:37 PM

Yeah dude,

Like NH Kevin says, any listed above will do you just fine. If you want an opion on the 426, it's a hell of a bike, period. Just checking, 'cause I'm not sure form what you wrote above, but be honest with yourself on what your going to need your bike for. I would recommend the WR426 to anyone who planned on doing some scramble or even track racing, or some great trail riding, but probably not recommend it as a daily commuter. You know what I mean?

On the insurance for a XR650, how much more anually does a +600cc bike cost over one of 600cc or less?? I currently pay $185 anuallly for full coverage on my scoot, and that's at Colorado rates! I guess I would just be curious.

You'd love this bike dude. You wan'a pass cars going up hill, yup! You want to smoke a DR350, yup yup!! :) Good smooth power, says it all.

Dodger :D :D

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Dodger ]

• klx.rider.

Posted May 29, 2002 - 02:55 AM

Hey. registration fees for any motorbike 600cc or under for a year is $243. any bike over 600 cc costs $500 a year so thats why i don't want to buy an xr 650

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.