TRYING TO GET RID OF HIGH SPEED MISS!

5 replies to this topic
  • michaeltrundle

Posted December 08, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Hey all,
I recently went through the jetting adventure with my bike and have pretty much got her howling along nicely. Very crisp and heaps of power everywhere....BUT!
When I ride along at highway speeds in top gear and at a constant low throttle opening, I get an annoying miss about every 2 seconds or so. I'm pretty sure its to do with the pilot air screw adjustment which I currently have set at 55 to go with my 35 pilot jet. Can someone tell me whether I need to adjust this little baby in or out to get rid of the miss.
thanks for any advice.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted December 09, 2002 - 06:39 AM

If you can get rid if the miss you will be a Thumpertalk hero! Everyone I know who has a WR or YZF has it and can't get rid of it. I think you're stuck with it. But if you do, please let us know what you did so we can follow your lead.

• michaeltrundle

Posted December 09, 2002 - 12:49 PM

DOH!
I SUSPECTED AS MUCH. MY BIKE NEVER DID THIS WITH THE STOCK, RICH, PLUG FOULING, JETTING BUT NOW IT DOES IT ALL THE TIME. I DIDN'T NOTICE IT TOO MUCH WITH THE ELN NEEDLE BUT NOW THAT I'M RUNNING THE EMM IT SEEMS TO BE THERE A LOT MORE.
I THINK I'LL HAVE A PLAY WITH THE PAS AND SEE IF I CAN AT LEAST REDUCE IT A BIT. GETTING ANNOYING.
THANKS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tk421

Posted December 09, 2002 - 04:59 PM

I feel your pain! The 3D ignition together with bad quality gas can produce headaches. Try a fresh CR8E and experiment with a fuel conditioner.
Good luck.

• captain_S

Posted December 12, 2002 - 01:28 PM

Doh!,i just got hold of an adjutable pilot air screw to try and get the same problem sorted man,they say when you are on a light throttle such as you are,a miss fire is too large a pilot air jet,so it needs turned in!(a little less air)what this will do to the pilot is make it richer,so when you go to adjust the screw just give it a little tickle!the adjustable jet i`m told is ultra sensitive at small openings, so maybe just a little pressure on the screwdriver will do!

• yamaha.dude

Posted December 13, 2002 - 10:32 AM

It's already a slow saturday, so I might as well stir up the pot... :D

If you want to get rid of the high speed miss, then sell your Blue bike and buy a Honda... then you will just "miss high speed"... :D

Flamesuit on... LOL

BTW, I have the same problem and connot offer you a solution at this point... :)

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.