4 replies to this topic
  • rudiedj

Posted June 30, 2008 - 10:03 PM

CAn anyone please explain to me firstly, how they work (technically) and what the effect is?

• tweav

Posted July 01, 2008 - 12:22 AM

they are a small expantion chamber. they help smooth out the pulsing exhaust . this lets the pipe flow a little more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeythefokker

Posted July 01, 2008 - 01:11 AM

They do work. I have had both on my 07. I had the powerbomb first, until it had a disagreement with a rock, and then I got the megabomb. The power difference between the powerbomb and stock is pretty big, but the difference between the mega and powerbomb is not as drastic.

• w00dsRider

Posted July 01, 2008 - 09:53 AM

They also have the benefit of lowering exhaust db's as well as adding a bit of power.

• gasgas250

Posted August 23, 2010 - 10:14 AM

I want to improve bottom-end as well as reduce noise and I was told that a FMF Q4 with a Megabomb header to my 09 WR450 will do that.

Do you know if this header will block acces to oil filter?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.