Dodger, What the Heck? Little Arch?

8 replies to this topic
  • pedman

Posted December 08, 2002 - 01:33 PM

Dodger, Love the photo on the TT screensaver. But how did you do this? Walking on the arch is spooky enough!

Did you loop towards to right or Just turn around? :)

Look forward to your reply....

• Dodger

Posted December 09, 2002 - 05:50 AM

Hey Pedman,

Yeah, that's quite a line, pretty scarry but not really that hard. You can punch it straight up the hill (never actually done it, looks pretty easy though), or toilet bowl it around to the right. The trick is to keep your line just above the white line that extends above the bowl. That line freaks the hell out of me........sure is fun though :)!!

***There's a crappy little video of my buddy Ed doing the line on my website, my site's kinda bandwidth intensive though***

Peace

Dodger :D :D

• pedman

Posted December 09, 2002 - 05:28 PM

Dude that ROCKS, :)

Here is another question that I have to ask. There is a place right at the Arch where most people will park, a few will ride down to the bottom, but directly west is a wall and if you look at it you can see where a few people have climbed up it. I have seen a couple of bikes look at it hard then walk away only dreaming.

Have to ask, if your bold enough to go across the arch have you done the wall? :D

And for those that are reading this wondering what the heck. Help me out here Dodger. On the left is a 500'+/- ledge and on the right is a 200' +/- ledge. With a hole in the middle, one of the most beautiful site at Moab Utah.

Well worth the visit if your ever in Utah!!! :D

• Dodger

Posted December 10, 2002 - 05:35 AM

Yeah, I know the wall your talking about, and no, I've never tried it. It's fricken TALL :D!! I'll keep looking at it though, and maybe one of these trips I'll get that tackled.

The arch itself is 800ft down to the road, and a good 60 feet or so drop into the hole......theres another guy on here that showed me pictures of somebody getting their KTM winched out of there :).........that would suck! Here's a couple different angles of the arch.........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Later

Dodger :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Keener

Posted December 10, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Hey Dodger,
Where in Moab is that arch? I go there several times/year. Not sure if I'd ride it though. Heights like that kinda freak me out :)---like riding some of the Bookcliffs in Grand Junction.

• Bryan

Posted December 10, 2002 - 07:33 AM

It is 'Little Arch' and it's just off the the Poison Spider Mesa trail. I almost saw a jeep endo coming down that hill you are riding up a few years ago.

Dodger: You da MAN!

Bryan in Denver...

• pedman

Posted December 10, 2002 - 08:23 AM

Bryan,

Yes it is off of Poison Spider :D

Its actually a great spot to watch all of the motorheads in their rock climbers tackle Moab Rim on the other side. :)

Dodger, not sure whats happening, but not seeing the pictures.

• ddialogue

Posted March 25, 2003 - 03:08 AM

I saw little arch for the first time this past weekend. Rode down to it and stood next to the hole. As I was looking at the arch, I remembered seeing the photo of you crossing the arch on your bike. I thought to myself...Dodger is a crazy motherf%#*$*!! :)

What's up with your website? I gotta see some footage of your buddy riding across it.

• LarryCO

Posted March 25, 2003 - 05:01 AM

You CAN climb that face on the west side of the arch...someone riding with me did it...although BARELY made it up. If you stall or simply just lose momentum, your arse will be sliding all the way back down with your bike quickly following! I'll be passing on that action...

Larry

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.