need to lower a kickstand

7 replies to this topic
  • hyperlite2k1

Posted June 30, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Hi,
I just lowered my 2003 WR450F with a Yamalink. Being 5'8" and trail riding it's the perfect thing for me. Now the kickstand is too tall and would like a shorter one. I do not want to modify the original in case I would ever what to go back to the regular link. Does anybody know of where to buy a new stand? Maybe just the peg, or one that I can modify with out speading $100 or more for a new stand?

Thanks,

Mike

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 30, 2008 - 12:04 PM

When I lowered my 03 wr I cut 1 1/4 inches out of the kick stand and saved the piece so if I ever want to put back up to stock hight, I have it. I got my lowering link from www.mountainmotorsports.biz. I have seen kick stands on ebay.
Jim

• tweav

Posted June 30, 2008 - 02:20 PM

I cut 1.5 inches out of mine then rewelded the foot back on.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 01, 2008 - 05:46 AM

There is a complete unit on ebay right now. Kickstand, spring, mounting bracket and I'm not sure but maybe the bolts too! Go to ebay motors, then motorcycle parts, them wr450f. Hope that this helps.:thumbsup:
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wayfarer103

Posted July 02, 2008 - 05:13 AM

i have a 00 wr400f and i need a kickstand, any suggestions as to where i can get a cheap one? i hate finding trees to lean it on when im riding.

• wartsnuff

Posted July 02, 2008 - 07:40 AM

i am confused?

i understand why you need a shorter kick stand ?

just don't understand why you lowered the bike ??

i am 5'6" tall shorter than you are, i would not lower my 08 wr450

not flamming you, just don't understand ?

cheers
Warts

• tweav

Posted July 02, 2008 - 02:29 PM

i am confused?

i understand why you need a shorter kick stand ?

just don't understand why you lowered the bike ??

i am 5'6" tall shorter than you are, i would not lower my 08 wr450

not flamming you, just don't understand ?

cheers
Warts

I lowered my 07 wr450 because it's street legal . it's not legal to ride a bike you can't touch the ground on in Pa. It does make it easier to ride too. I did not buy a wr to ride on a supercross track. I have my crf for that.

• wartsnuff

Posted July 03, 2008 - 06:37 AM

I lowered my 07 wr450 because it's street legal . it's not legal to ride a bike you can't touch the ground on in Pa. It does make it easier to ride too. I did not buy a wr to ride on a supercross track. I have my crf for that.

ah thanks very much.... i didn't know that ?

i would have never thought of it either. not even sure if its law here where i

live.

i kept thinking why would you want a bike lower to the ground for off road.... :thumbsup: hehe

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.